Antenatal appointments for the doctor can be booked during normal surgery hours.
Chronic Disease Management
All patients who have a chronic disease such as Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis or Hypertension will be invited to complete relevant BT's/Urine and then asked to make an appointment with either the doctor or nurse. The invitation will be sent out during the patient’s birth month. The invitation letter will explain what tests are necessary and who you should book your appointment with after the tests have been completed. If you are on more than one register it is hoped that you will only have to visit the surgery once a year for your reviews Instead of being invited for individual appointments.
Flu clinics are held from late September through to early December at various times including some Saturday mornings. Influenza vaccination is particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes and, in some cases, asthma. All persons residing in nursing and residential homes and anyone over the age of 65 are also strongly recommended to have this vaccination.
The practice nurses provide contraceptive advice and care during surgery hours.
We offer a travel advice and vaccination service to all patients who are travelling abroad on business or holiday. Please make an appointment with the nurse at least eight weeks in advance of your holiday to ensure adequate cover. Please be aware that some vaccinations are not available on the NHS and will need to be paid for. Click here to complete the form online.
The doctors are happy to carry out medicals - eg insurance and driving medicals - by appointment outside surgery hours. Please telephone the surgery to make an appointment. These services are not undertaken under the NHS and are charged for privately. Please ask at reception for details of these charges.
SUMMARY OF SERVICES
The following services are provided at the surgery:
- The provision of primary medical services during core hours to patients registered with the practice or patients living temporarily within the practice boundary who are accepted for registration as temporary residents
- Cervical screening services
- Contraceptive services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Childhood vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance services
- Maternity medical services
- Minor injuries
- Minor surgery
- Influenza vaccinations to those aged 65+ and those in designated 'at risk' groups.
- Anti-coagulation monitoring
- The provision of near patient testing
- Care of patients with depression